Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Genius Hour Proposal

PROJECT PROPOSAL
Genius Hour & Expectations

As stated in the Genius Hour letter that is glued to the inside back cover of your INB, your project should revolve around an idea or question that will make an impact somehow in our society. It is NOT a science project where you are trying to prove or disprove a theory. You really need to think about how your big idea can make a difference, whether it be for another individual, a group of people (young or old), our class, our school, our county, or even on our entire nation.

For this blog post, I would like you to contemplate the Brainstorms that I have had you do. Then create a new blog post labeled "Genius Hour Proposal."

Your proposal should be multiple paragraph format and use 350-500 words. It needs to answer each of the 5 questions below:

1.     I need to TEACH, PERSUADE, LEARN, and/or CHANGE something. What will that be?
2.     What is the impact that my project will have on others (peers, adults, society, etc.)?
3.     What research do I need, what information do I need to know, before I can  TEACH, PERSUADE, LEARN, AND/OR CHANGE members of my intended audience?
4.     Is the information that I find and present relevant and what affect will it have?
5.     My overall Genius Hour question is:

(Ex: How can I ________________ by ___________________?) Like a Higher Order Essential Question

No comments:

Post a Comment